Monday 30 September 2013

First Assignment

So the first assignment I got at university was to write a two minute monologue about anything and perform it in a few weeks. The only rules, it had to be two minutes and it had to feature a prop. I love writing, so I felt right at home with this. During the class, I was already writing and staging several performances. However I felt that when it came to writing them, I had no real connection to them. Straight from the off I had already decided that I wanted to do a serious performance as I was fed up with comedy, so I started thinking about my life and things that have happened, to jog the emotional memory. This came up with some good results, however it just seemed to predictable, talking about my own life, as myself. So instead, I took an idea from my own life and created a dramatised version, featuring other characters, so that I could relate, but still advance as an actor. At some point in the near future I will post the monologue and maybe even a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment