Monday 30 September 2013

Independence

All the time leading up to going to University everyone was really excited and one of the reasons for that was the idea of independence. I loved the idea of not having my mother nagging me to tidy my room, but now that I finally have that independence, it makes me miss that, because that drove me to actually do the things that needed to be done. Without that nagging, my room is a tip, my washing is building up, the dishes are never done, and the food I eat is very basic and poor at times. So my advice for anyone who is readying themselves for University; embrace the time before you leave, when you have good meals, your bedroom is tidy, and the place you are living is hygienic, and if you can, learn as many skills as possible so that when you are independent, it isn't actually that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment