Wednesday 18 December 2013

There's Only One Place That Calls Me One Of Their Own!

"Who says you can't go home
There's only one place they call me one of their own
Just a hometown boy, born a rolling stone, who says you can't go home
Who says you can't go back, been all around the world and as a matter of fact
There's only one place left I want to go, who says you can't go home"

I have been home a week now and then this song came on my iPhone. For those of you who do not know the song, it is Who Says You Can't Go Home by Bon Jovi. This song relates to me a lot because when in Salford, everyone was saying to me that Salford is my new home, however I never used the word home about my flat, I would refer to it as 'the flat'. The line 'There's only one place they call me one of their own' really means a lot, because as much as I like living elsewhere, there will always only be one place which is truly home. When I was home all the time, I hated it, I always felt like I was trapped and everything was so predictable, so as soon as I got the opportunity to leave I ran as fast as possible as soon as I could, however looking back at it, it wasn't that bad. Sure, it had its downfalls, but I felt safe there, I knew the people, I knew the secrets and it was comforting and as soon as I was on my way home, I realised the town wasn't trapping me, it was giving me an escape from the real world, so that when I was released into the big world, I had a security, one place where I could trust.

So my questions today are: Do you like your hometown? Do you live there? Would/do you miss it?

No comments:

Post a Comment