Friday 28 June 2013

Fear

I have previously blogged about the poem by Marianne Williamson about fear, so I wanted to write about my thoughts on fear.

I believe that fear is essential in life because without fear we wouldn't think about our actions and their consequences  which would lead to a world of crime and evil, because nobody would have anything to fear. Fear also motivates us because if we can conquer our fear then we are motivated to do more in our life and push ourselves to achieve things we wouldn't ordinarily do. Fear is always seen as the thing that holds us back, and that can be correct depending on your perception of that fear. Having that fear can make you more determined to overcome it making you a more strong willed person overall, which contradicts the argument that you are held back because that fear has in turn pushed you forward.

My fears are that the pressure of the lifestyle I want to lead will push me into a life that is very problematic with such easy access to drugs and alcohol. However if I choose to look at this from a different perspective, that fear could drive me to avoid that lifestyle by knowing that the thing I fear most is avoidable. So fear is a good thing in life because if the person is willing, then that fear can be the positive thing in life because it drives that person to a better life, by removing the complacent attitude. People think that if they stay safe in their life then there are no consequences, but the consequence is that the life becomes bland.

So my message is to embrace your fears and face them head on because if you never face them then you live in fear of the fear becoming reality and that is no way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment