Sunday 23 June 2013

My Novel

I am embarking on a very exciting project. I, Philip Marshall, am writing my first ever novel. If you have been reading the 'My Day' page then you may have seen the book mentioned. So this entry is going to give you a back story to the book.

The novel is set in 2010 and follows a group of normal people, a husband and wife and the husbands brother, who all set off on the adventure of a lifetime, hunting treasure. This book follows their hunt for the Lost Treasure of Lima, which is a real thing and the story of this legend is explained in the first chapter as I give a bit of information about the treasure. The partners are inexperienced at this thing and are only doing it for the mans grandfather and to spice up their marriage, however the man brings his brother along as he is good at this sort of thing. The story shows the strain on the marriage, relationships being tested, action because they get into trouble when others hunt for the treasure and new friendships being formed.

I am excited to see the progression of this book and will share details about it with you along the way. It is a long way away from being finished and will hopefully get some more people on board to help with the finishing touches, so I hope that you people will come on this journey with me and I will release extracts for feedback every now and then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment